What is a 'Neon Kool Nerd'???

NEON- Bright, shines, stands out! KOOL- That's just me! NERD- A person who avidly pursues intellectual activities, technical or scientific endeavors, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests... NEVER EVADE REACHING (your) DREAMS!!

Thursday 2 December 2010

A NERD PSA... Letter to Boris Johnson

Dear Mr Johnson


Why is it that in England, London to be more specific, when one little piece of snow falls EVERYTHING comes to a stand still???

Why is it that there are no procedures in place that would help to ease the delays and closures of various roads, train and tube stations???

Surely the adverse weather conditions are foreseen before they happen, are you not warned, informed e-mailed or something???

Many years ago there used to be yellow salt trays on the street so, if need be the roads could be covered! Now a days we only get to the see the gritting lorries AFTER the damage is done. We had this same problem last year and you were nowhere to be seen!

Did you know that due to the current financial climate we are in, when people are not able to get to work they are often not paid. These may I add, are people who are willing to leave there homes, risking injury in the snow, sleet and ice and make long treacherous journey's to their offices.

It's all well and good that you have set up this 'Rent-a-bike' system, but my guess is that, to fund this hairbrained scheme you will raise ticket prices AGAIN in January. Seriously, how can you be charging people £4 to go one stop on the tube? This also makes me wonder why we are paying so much to use a transport system that doesn't work all the time? And don't start going on about discounted prices on an Oyster card either,because people get skanked on them too!

My idea of a mayor is someone who is regularly seen, a voice of the people, there to make things better (within reason) and to be honest... I haven't seen you do much of that!

Germany, Canada and even Scandanavia deal with this yearly without complain, maybe you need to holla at them for some advice.

I would continue with this letter, but in all honesty, I want to keep it professional and not let my emotions get the better of me. I will though end by saying, I hope you don't get another term in the Mayors office and... you know what, let me stop there!


Yours Faithfully


One of your disgruntled Londoners.

No comments:

Post a Comment