What is a 'Neon Kool Nerd'???

NEON- Bright, shines, stands out! KOOL- That's just me! NERD- A person who avidly pursues intellectual activities, technical or scientific endeavors, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests... NEVER EVADE REACHING (your) DREAMS!!

Tuesday 30 August 2011

MTV VMAs 2011 Wrap Up...


The MTV Video Music Awards were aired on MTV UK last night, and the show was a lil' different from past shows.

First off, there was no formal presenter and excluding the pre-show warm up, the show was only two hours long. I got a lil' excited when I saw Kevin Hart, but I couldn't see him doing the BET Awards and the VMAs. For his lil' cameo's he did his thing.

I actually watch the show this afternoon (Sky+), due to unforeseen circumstances and I thought it was kool! There seemed to be an air of simplicity about the show and less thrills and spills, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Lady Gaga kept up her usual fuckery, this time she decided to dress like a dude...FOR THE ENTIRE SHOW!!! Nicki Minaj won awards which I personally feel she shouldn't have, I kept waiting to see Tinie, but then I remembered it was US MTV so hopefully next year he'll appear. One of the nicest things to see was Adele and Jessie J reppin' the UK to the fullest.

Strange there was no mention of The Twilight movies and none of the actors/actresses presented any awards as they have for the last couple years! (they may have tbh because I fast forwarded a lot of the inbetween bits).

Performance of the night DEFINITELY goes to Chris Breezy who flipped and flew all over the venue! There was no way he would have been able to sing live and do all that, so I disagree with some of the tweets I saw from complaining fans. Even Jay-Z was left nodding in appreciation.

Beyonce and her gut full of Jigga did her thing, I grow to love her album more and more errr-day and it was nice to see the adoration Hov' had for his lady after she finished her performance and rubbed the belly holding the heir to the ROC throne!

Wasn't that excited with the 'Otis' performance, but I see that they were trying to re-create the scene chemistry from the video so I can't hate on that + that is my joint!

I'm gonna wait a few days to post performance vids as all the one's i've seen so far are unstable and i'm not really interested in having to edit this post tomorrow. Peep all the winners below and check back for the performances in a few days...



2011 MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS WINNERS
 
VIDEO OF THE YEAR
Katy Perry 
-  Firework
 
BEST NEW ARTIST
Tyler, The Creator
 
BEST MALE VIDEO
Justin Bieber 
- U Smile

 
BEST FEMALE VIDEO
Lady Gaga 
-  Born This Way

 
BEST HIP HOP VIDEO
Nicki Minaj
 - Super Bass

 
BEST POP VIDEO
Britney Spears
 - Till The World Ends
 
 
BEST ROCK VIDEO
Foo Fighters
 - Walk 
 
BEST COLLABORATION
Katy Perry feat. Kanye West
 - E.T.

 
BEST VIDEO WITH A MESSAGE
Lady Gaga 
-  Born This Way
 
PROFESSIONAL CATEGORIES:
 
BEST CHOREOGRAPHY
Beyonce 
- Run The World (Girls
 
BEST EDITING
Adele - Rolling In The Deep
 
BEST SFX (SPECIAL EFFECTS)
Katy Perry feat. Kanye West - E.T.
 
 
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
Adele - Rolling In The Deep 
 
BEST ART DIRECTION
Adele - Rolling In The Deep 
 
BEST DIRECTION
Beastie Boys - Make Some Noise


AND BONUS AWARD FOR WORST OUTFIT GOES TO....

NICKI MINAJ 

(WHAT THE F**K?!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment