What is a 'Neon Kool Nerd'???

NEON- Bright, shines, stands out! KOOL- That's just me! NERD- A person who avidly pursues intellectual activities, technical or scientific endeavors, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests... NEVER EVADE REACHING (your) DREAMS!!

Thursday 15 September 2011

New Music: Juliyaa- Rhythm



I came across this vid and something told me to give it a listen... Thank God I did!

Forgive me if I'm late, but I'd never heard of Juliyaa until I heard this song so I did a bit of investigating, and here's what I came up with...



Juliyaa is a singer-songwriter ready to burst on to the UK music scene with the release of her first single, 'The Rhythm'.

Born and raised in North London to a Ghanaian mother and a Welsh father, twenty three year old Juliyaa has had a unique musical heritage. She was raised listening to her mother's traditional Ghanaian gospel and hi life, and her father's classic vinyl collection of soul and reggae artists including Al Green, Bob Marley and Toots & The Maytals. At the tender age of seven she began songwriting in church and then in her teens refined her skills as a vocalist on the UK garage scene singing alongside artists including the Heartless Crew and Estelle.

Naturally, her music is a reflection of her rich and varied background. Rooted in African-inspired rhythms, layered with harmonious soul vocals and infused with the high energy of UK urban music, Juliyaa effortlessly combines different musical genres into a sound she calls 'Rhythmic Soul'.
Recently Juliyaa has been showcasing her talents at some of London's most prestigious venues including Camden Proud, Regal Rooms, The Troubadour and The Station Sessions.


Get more info on Juliyaa at www.juliyaa.com



What do you think of her debut single? let me know... And peep an early interview and live performance after also!


No comments:

Post a Comment