What is a 'Neon Kool Nerd'???

NEON- Bright, shines, stands out! KOOL- That's just me! NERD- A person who avidly pursues intellectual activities, technical or scientific endeavors, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests... NEVER EVADE REACHING (your) DREAMS!!

Tuesday 20 September 2011

R Kelly Reveals New Album Details And Addresses A Few 'Issues'



R Kelly plans to return to the music scene with his 11th album titled 'Black Panties'.

He recently stopped by 107.5 WGCI's Morning Riot radio show in Chicago to discuss a few things in a rare interview.


After his last album 'Love Letter' many thought Kelly had decided to take a new direction, but in a recent interview the singer set the record straight and let his fans know he can still get down with the best in the 'grown and sexy' RnB world.

"I just did the whole Love Letter joint and everybody thinking, 'Oh that's the direction he's goin' now, that was a moment in time, just like 'Ignition' and 'Bump n' Grind' and all this stuff was a moment in time. Now this Black Panties album ... it's the new 12 Play."


The singer also spoke about his recent throat surgery drama and the criticism his received from Trey Songz. About his throat cyst scare Kelly said-


"It was really scary, at the end of the Love Letter Tour, towards the end, I started feeling it. I thought I had a cold, but, man, I had like a cyst as big as a golf ball on my tonsils. The doctor's though, they cut it out, they took care of me really good."


In relation to Songz, the veteran crooner seemed to shrug off the what was said about him-


"I was pretty numb. I don't feel those type of things. It's like I'm bulletproof when it comes to beef. I don't deal with beef, I love steak."


"I know Trey Songz is a guy that if he keeps with the hits and he humbles himself a little bit more, he will definitely be one of the runners up."


He did though, have some good things to say about Chris Brown, who himself has had his fair share of controversy over the last couple of years.


"Someone like Chris Brown is already there! Why? Because he is and always has been a humble guy. Chris Brown used to come to my studio when he was 13, 14, 15, 16. I used to lecture him all the time. I have the utmost respect for him. I take my hat off to him. Why? Because he got in the studio, did what he was supposed to do, and bounced back like a round ball."


Sounds like Kells isn't about to get in to any verbal silliness with Trey anytime soon! Perhaps he only talks to platinum selling artists #JustSaying...



Look out for the first single off of his new album '10 Minutes' dropping soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment