What is a 'Neon Kool Nerd'???

NEON- Bright, shines, stands out! KOOL- That's just me! NERD- A person who avidly pursues intellectual activities, technical or scientific endeavors, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests... NEVER EVADE REACHING (your) DREAMS!!

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Rihanna Concert Ticket Sales Not Doing So Well



Looks like RiRi is going to have to cancel some of her 'Loud' tour dates due to poor ticket sales.

The Bajan beauty, who is currently on the road, is struggling to fill venues on various stops of the tour. It's been reported her scheduled show in Boston on July 24th, which also features Cee-Lo Green, has only sold 3,700 tickets and needs at least 15,000 to break even.

It was suggested the singer only use theatres and smaller venues, but this didn't happen and her excessive demands are not being justified by the money being made.

I never really thought Rihanna would have any probs filling arenas, guess I was wrong.

I think with some rearranging/re-scheduling, things can be worked out(?)




Source

5 comments:

  1. Is that te sales in the US? I actually read that she sold out in the European countries. Its hard to believe with all the promotion behind that tour she is experiencing this problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is! I'm kinda shocked myself tbh. It seems that a lot of US artists are having more success outside of the States these days + plus they get a lil' bit more for their dollar with the pound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The latest news is she has now added J Cole to the tour. This is what I call a SMART move whoever was behind this idea thought long and hard only because J Cole is hot property in the US! Will this improve her ticket sales? What's your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly don't understand why she wouldn't do well? She probably the number one female act out right now, but I just posted a piece that sheds more light on the situ'... Let me know what you think :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read the post from Nicole maybe the new York post did exaggerate but to add J cole is a great move. But I have heard the ticket prices are a bit high. We shall see. I know you'll keep us posted ;-)

    ReplyDelete